Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Monday, September 15, 2008

    08.09.2008 20th High School Reunion

    Oh so much fun, not enough room to post all the pics! (i wish i knew how to use the banner thingie so i could!*hint* anyone?)
    So here it is, most of you know the journey i have been on for the past year or so, and this was kind of like the culmination of the journey-the GOAL-as it were. In the meantime, i was able to shake the depression that had plagued me for so long, lose nearly 35 pounds and feel better about ME. So the best part is i accomplished ALL of that and had a truly wonderful time. I went alone, money was tight and DeRell would have been bored out of his mind anyway.(Thanks agian to my friends at VISA and MASTERCARD for the Airfare, Rental Car and incidentals on my trip, i couldn't have done it without you! LOL)
    I stayed with my sis and was blessed with an entire wardrobe to take home in 2 very large suitcases, as well as the dress and shoes i ended up wearing that night. It was great to help her out by house/pet sitting so they could get away and a FREE place for me to crash. I had fun and was able to visit with Shannon again, got to get my eyebrows threaded (oh much more fun than plucking or waxing!) and we went to this huge Pedicure Spa place and had lovely mani/pedi's together. It was fun & relaxing. I saw so many old friends-some that changed so little, and others that changed alot. It was amazing. Thanks again to Nelly, Wendy, Candace, and Yvonne who did a great job making this happen and letting me crash their table.

    The Dress! (Cell phone picture sucks, sorry!)


    Nelly (Munoz), Wendy (Wilsey), Yvonne (Salazar) Candace must have been getting a prize for someone!

    Wendy and Nick Kahlie

    Can you believe we have known each other since 1st grade?!!! He even remembered my name when it was Missie Held. WOW! Now that was long ago!
    A very special thanks to Nick and Aaron (wow did you GROW after HS, i wish i had!) for my unofficial title and prize - you made this entire night worth it.

    1 comment:

    Kelly said...

    Congratulations! You look fabulous! All that work was well worth it. Glad you had fun.