Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Monday, September 15, 2008

    07.28.2008 Dummy !

    Ok, so the title of this post started out with what I really called him-but i censored it. What a Dumb Donkey (*wink*)
    Here you find Erick, at the office, with apparently not much to do. He decided to play with some tie wraps. You know...those black thingies where you loop the long end into the square top and ratchet it up to hold things together or cinch up a bag? Ya, thats the one...guess what my genius son decided to do? Feel free to start laughing now, but it was no laughing matter at the time. If i had time i should have taken pictures of the traumatic events leading up to these shots-but no, i had to think fast! First off, he puts the thing on tight thinking it's funny and he can just slip it off. Nope! His pointer finger immediately starts to swell. I tell him to grab the scissors, we cant even wedge them in he's got it on so tight. I'm thinking emergency room. I drag him to the bathroom and tell him to use cold water (to contract it right? Heat expands-cold contracts) and lots of soap to try to slip it off. Panic starts to set in, he is nearly in tears. Soap is not working, soap and scissors not working. Not enuf time now to get to emergency room and still keep his finger cuz it's already purple, likely it will have to be amputated. I think that gets his attention because he then works feverishly with the soap, scissors and after probably an agonizing 5 minutes he gets it off. Below is his severly swolen finger after he finally manages to get the tie wrap off.
     

    I couldn't help but admire the irony of the shirt he was wearing that day, so i took another shot of his finger and the shirt in the background. Let me read it for you....."IT'S ONLY FUNNY UNTIL SOMEONE GETS HURT...THEN IT'S HILARIOUS!"
    {PRICELESS}
     
    Posted by Picasa

    1 comment:

    Kelly said...

    Ahhh... boys! I laughed my ass off on this one! I too love the irony in the shirt. Silly boy!