Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Sunday, January 30, 2011

    01.30.2011 Yay for the Mud Room!

    Well i was on my feet all day yesterday and my body is not a happy one today.

    Tile will do that.




    I got my cupboard moved next to my Washing machine like i wanted (cuz its a pain to walk across the room around a bunch a junk to get to my cleaning and laundry supplies). I moved the 10 ft monstrous table out and put a small plastic folding table in its place. I swept and mopped. I did about 8 loads of laundry - blankets and sheets and misc (still have to do 2 sleeping bags)...you know the stuff that is never a priority and just "collects" in the laundry room? LOL! I hung the blinds that have been laying in the windowsill for 3 months finally. (Not what will be there permanently - but they came from our old office and actually fit that window so hey...no complaints here!) My sorter/hanging thing is hiding out where the cupboards used to be...which doesn't work. But i did all i could do yesterday. It feels good. I want to still take apart the table and move it to the garage but for now it needs to stay. Honey is going to use it to put a bunch of computers on that he needs to part out - so once that is done we will move the table out. So it is in the way...kinda like my Christmas stuff stacked up used to be. The bright side, is that i have that space for now so i will just smile and walk around it and hope it finds a new home.

    Soon.



    I was really hoping to get to the classroom but the more immediate need was in my sons bedroom. So he & I spent some quality time cleaning out and cleaning up his room today. About 3 hours to be exact. Yikes. We did purge about 50 books and broken and unloved toys so it is definately a success. His birthday will be in here in another month and 1/2 so he needs some room. He started and did not finish about 5 Lego creations that were scattered and co-mixed on every possible space of his floor.

    They are now resting peacefully in one big box.

    I couldn't bring myself to tackle the classroom. The kids have DESTROYED it over the last 3 weeks. That is what happens when you don't go in there. When you leave 2 children with a passion for Art to their own devices so mommy can have a few moments of peace... Yikes! is all i can say.

    It is BAD.

    We also had been using it to temporarily store all the board games until shelves could be built in the room our dear friend is living in. Now the games are strewn about EVERYWHERE. It is sad.

    And admittedly overwhelming.

    So i am going to leave that task for now. When i am ready i will tackle it. 15 minutes at a time. I am truly embarrassed to even take a picture. Are your children this bad? Maybe i should. Hold on, lemme get the camera. Now that i think about it, i really MUST take a before picture.

    Oh Heavens! It took THREE shots just to convey the disaster it is. Wow! I'll leave that for next time. Stay tuned................

    No comments: