Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Wednesday, January 26, 2011

    01.26.2011 The Wonderful Gift

    The kids received a very special book in the mail. One that their extremely thoughtful Auntie Kelly took the time to make so that they would always remember.

    It's a book about Grandma. It has pictures of each of the kids (Erick included) enjoying special moments with Grandma. It's a Hardbound book from Shutterfly. My daughter has already claimed it as her own and has it proudly displayed up on her dresser with the other treasured items she keeps there. It's standing up facing her bed so she can look at it when she goes to bed and when she wakes up in the morning. We have had it for 2 days and she has looked at it each day lovingly. I hope she always remembers.

    I know in her prayers she sends her love each night to her grandma. That she knows Grandma is in heaven with Jesus and fully healed. I know Grandma would be proud, and even tolerant to listen to her grand-daughter play on her new passion (the violin). We hope she is smiling down on her from heaven.

    We all miss her so and are very glad to have this book as a reminder - something tangible we can touch and feel until we see her again. Thank you Auntie Kelly!




    1 comment:

    Kelly said...

    Oh good! I'm glad they enjoy the book. I wasn't sure if it would be too hard to see all the pictures. For me, it makes me smile to see Grandma with the kids. I hope they always remember their grandma too!