Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Saturday, January 15, 2011

    01.15.2011 Healing Begins

    I listen to ALOT of Christian radio. Sometimes I think the Lord speaks to me through the lyrics in songs.

    If you've ever called me on my cell phone - you know my "Theme Song" i chose by Josh Wilson (Savior Please) which pretty much sums it all up for me in my prayer life and walk. Josh is also the one who sings "BEFORE THE MORNING" that i added in yesterdays post -which is totally and utterly amazing how i can have 2 songs from the same artist hit me so directly. Have you ever felt that? Have you ever listened to a song or turned on the radio and felt a song was playing JUST FOR YOU?! I have another.

    Amidst all my sorrow the music manages to lift me up. Christian radio is such a blessing to me. When i think of so many in so many countries where Christianity is oppressed and even reading the Word has serious consequences...I must be ever thankful that i live in a country where i still am free to practice my beliefs, to meet in a place of worship, and to listen to God speak to me through the voices he has chosen to deliver His message. Like this song today..........



    I am trying to immerse myself in God's word because every time i do there is a lesson to be taken in. The night (early morning) that i learned of my moms passing i immediately sought God. Then i opened my Bible. I could hardly see through the tears to read but knew i needed His comfort more than any other - and in times of sorrow or dispair the Psalms can be a comfort. I remember wanting so badly to have the Lords arms wrapped around me at that very moment.

    This Psalm truly spoke to my heart today so i thought i would share ( hope you dont mind *wink* )

    Psalm 18:16-18 (New International Version, ©2010)

    16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
    he drew me out of deep waters.
    17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
    from my foes, who were too strong for me.
    18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
    but the LORD was my support.


    Thank you Lord for being my support in this time of need and always. Amen

    No comments: