Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Monday, January 24, 2011

    01.24.2011 My Sissy's

    I've been thinking alot about my younger sisters lately. Lynnette shared a house with mom and what that must feel like everyday getting up and mom not being there. I wonder if she misses the smell of the coffee brewing every morning? Or misses the noise. I know that TV is watching alot more reality TV than it used to!

    And my youngest sister Kelly, with 2 small kids of her own. How hard it is to lose your mom when you are so young. (well 34 seems really young to me at least) And her girls who are so young they may not always remember things like the duck park with grandma or shopping at Gymboree. I worry my Bubba may forget her too. Sis not so much - she had nearly 9 years of her grandma. Even still, they all still miss her everyday.

    In a few weeks i'll be headed down there to help go through my moms things and set up a yard sale. Then help my sister pack and look for a smaller place to live. A lot of hard emotional things, that will bring to the surface that my mom has been gone a month now. It's not just me...we all still can't believe its real most days. Half of me is hoping it will make it real and stir loving memories. The other half wonders if i'll be a blubbering mess! Oh no, NOT THE HOLLY PAPER!!!

    But i know with my little sisters with me - we can get through this time TOGETHER.


    December 2011 Lynnette, Missie, Kelly - no make-up and all!

    1 comment:

    Catherine said...

    Hi Missie,
    I'm just catching up on your blog... I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. May God's love and strength be your comfort and light. XO