Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Monday, March 29, 2010

    03.29.2010 I miss my boy!


    I'm sure there are moms out there that can relate. And plenty that are still changing diapers and wiping snotty noses - for you - you may want to tune out now.

    I miss my boy. The firstborn. The one that went off to college, then California. The one i can't hug. The one i can't sit and talk with - or watch stupid videos with. Or clutch the side door panels while he is driving. I miss my boy. And though most days i busy myself with work and running our business, picking up my youngest from Kindergarten, taking sis to riding lessons... my heart aches for my other boy. The one all grown up and far away.



    You see people, it is inevetiable. They grow up, go off to college and leave their mommas. That first one. My boy. The one who recited as a 4yr old "I possess a great deal of knowledge" and then went on to prove that it was true.

    But i can remember the fun times and hold onto that. The times we went to Christian concerts together. He was never ashamed to be with his mom. And i guess i can laugh at the times i was mistaken for his girlfriend..."Dude! That's my MOM!" he would say and we would laugh! Or him telling me "you can't wear THAT!" so i wouldn't look too young or hip (...or now that i think about it - maybe stupid?)LOL



    They leave a little hole when they go. But we aren't allowed to let on that is the case. We have to let them "fly" or "make their own way". At least the hole manages to get filled up (or at least temporarily "plugged") when they call. Just a phone call from my little man and it makes my world spin right again. Luckily for me he tries every few days. Most days i am right.in.the.middle.of.something so i am bummed we can't just chat. I won't lie .. it's not the same as having him right there. It does still feel good though when he calls for no particular reason. That makes this momma smile.



    And they grow up SO FAST. One minute they are in braces, the next they are growing a mustache and strange facial hair. But hold this true to your heart..

    BOYS LOVE THEIR MOMMA's. (No matter what)

    I can still remember in 2nd grade when my son told me he would never stop giving me hugs when i dropped him off for school. I told him someday he would be embarassed and wouldn't because of his friends/peer pressure. He just smiled and laughed it off, "No momma, I will always love you and let you hug me NO MATTER WHAT".



    And he still does. I love you and miss you Erick.

    Now don't forget to visit!

    2 comments:

    Kelly said...

    Sweet. That post made me smile.

    I still remember him tiny, playing with his beep beep buggy and blowing in the dog's face. =)

    I can't believe how fast they grow up!

    Annette said...

    awww what a sweet post!!