Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Sunday, August 1, 2010

    08.01.2010 Building Excitement

    I awoke this morning with a plan. My plan was to turn this:



    Into this:



    Based on before and after photos you now know that it happened!

    My classroom floor is in! Now for the exciting part! The kids and I are just itchin' to get it all set up. They have begged me repeatedly to start school already. I decided August 16th was a good date. This way we are 2 weeks ahead. I need that for a few reasons; 1.) It's my first year Homeschooling and i anticipate it may take me a while to get in the groove 2.) We are hoping to go back to California in October so if we are ahead that gives us a real vacation without schoolwork, and 3.) I am so ready for us ALL to be on a schedule again.

    We also finished most of the bathroom in the basement before the guests arrived like i said. Meaning we had sinks and a toilet. We put honey's friend Jon to work right when he got here and hung the door so they could actually USE the bathroom. Since i have my camera back, i thought i would show you the result. The shower/tub is not yet operational. We still need to put the tile surround on the tub walls before we finish up the plumbing. We'll get there. I actually bought the floor tiles at Lowe's and found some 4x4 wall tiles at Home Depot so we should be able to get to that once all the grouting and tile is done in the Mud Room.



    Well the trim isn't in..but baby steps. The trim isn't done in half of my upstairs either!




    Oh and here are the photos of the finished guest room (the carpet/trim/door at least). I haven't gotten any bedding or furniture in there. It's technically Grandpa's room so we want him to decide if he wants the older bed or this new mattress before we do anything. I'll hang some pictures and we'll put a recliner and lamp in there soon.





    So for all my far away friends and family i want you to know i have a room for you! So come on out!

    It's starting to feel like progess, and we are excited. This week it's grout. We'll see how far we get.

    Happy Monday to ya!

    No comments: