Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Tuesday, August 3, 2010

    08.03.2010 The Instrument of the DEVIL




    This just got out of the shop. It had been dead to me for a few years. Well, firstly it was broken - all the gears eaten up. Mainly i am just not a huge rider.

    Did i mention before that i live in the country? Or even that you must climb many, many a hill to get to my home? I didn't? Well we do. Maybe that is my reason behind not liking the idea of riding.

    Must be the size of my behind vs. the size of those seats i think.

    Anyhow, Sis has been itchin' for some "Family Time" - in the form of bicycle riding.

    I tried it a few weeks ago using DeRell's bike. Luckily for me the begining of the ride is seriously downhill. About 6 of them to be exact. We flew like the wind. A few times i thought i might even get out of control i was going so fast.

    It never really clicked that what goes down must come up. Maybe cuz that phrase is backward. But not here. We start at the top, we go down.

    Sis and i got to the end of the road and decided maybe that was enough fun for one day and we should head back. So we did. I made it up one of those darn SIX hills and literally began panting like a dog - unsure if my thighs could handle one more rotation.

    Lucky for me, she did too. So i did what every rational mom nearing her Forties would do, hopped off my bike and walked with her. That mile or so, uphill.

    That was that. My bike was "broken" so i said i couldn't continue to ride Daddy's bike bcuz it's just too big for me.

    HAHA. Little did i know, he, and my demon spawn took my bike in for repair BEHIND MY BACK.

    It got finished today, OH LUCKY ME!!! So at 8pm we headed out. I made it down the hills and a bit further before my legs were on fire. Thus, how i KNOW the bicycle is the Instrument of the Devil. The dog Max came along and was struggling to keep up so i did what any nice momma would do...i rode at a leasurely pace and walked my bike when he could no longer run.

    I am a GIVER i am!

    I am sure this is not the last of this saga....stay tuned.

    1 comment:

    Kelly said...

    So I too own a bike. It is currently hanging in the garage. I'm pretty sure my ass would hang over every side of that seat! There is no way I could do it... so good job momma! You're such the giver.

    I had to laugh at "demon spawn". LOL