Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Thursday, April 15, 2010

    04.15.2010 Tired but Hopeful

    So, first off, i am tired! Why? Bcuz last night while loving my dog i found yet another tick! Ughhhhh. He hadn't rooted yet, so i went to get a napkin or something, and by the time i got back - it was GONE.

    Yep, GONE. Which meant it probably hopped off and landed on my bed, or Lord knows where! I could not sleep. I kept itching. I had the creepy crawler feeling. There was NO WAY i was sleeping in my bed. So what's a girl to do?

    Search the internet at 11pm, what else?!

    I found a "miracle product" that had over a hundred testimonials - and believe you me - i read every.single.one! For $90 bucks this stuff is gonna change my life. Let's hope so. I bought it hook, line, sinker. Then as soon as the doggie place opened this morning i was there getting the flea/tick stuff you put on the back of their necks, a "tick puller" (...who even knew those existed?) and making appts for my dogs to be shaved down. I want to SEE these beasts, not have it be a surprise! We actually shave Shadow every year anyway (it's called the "puppy cut") and he looks so stinkin' handsome and young! I bought him some hip/joint pain stuff disquised as peanut butter bone cookies too. It's the momma guilt. He actually had another tick last night but i couldn't bring myself to take care of it knowing the other tick was on the loose somewhere in my bedroom.

    But tonite when i get home...different story. I am gonna erradicate those things and laugh as they fall off dead from my poor animals! At least that is my hope!

    In other news it seems my neice has inhereited the shoe gene, so now i can have a new hobby of keeping her shoed in style!

    And one final bit of news - my baby started T-Ball last night. His first practice. I'm a bad momma cuz my camera was at home and i HATE cell phone pics so i have no evidence, but believe me when i tell you, it was H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S! No daisies to pick but he did pick his nose quite a bit and stand there while the ball went by. Apparently he thought the other minions next to him should go run after it? We will be working on that. He did however get his turn at bat - and hit the ball each of the 3 times. I was impressed since many of the other kids typically missed at least 1 time trying to make contact with the ball on that tee. Ah, organized sports. I can smell the hotdogs now. FUN.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Yes and your time volunteering in the snack bar and your time selling the fundraiser. Have to love all parts! Then there is the team mom, snack day for the team. Manager of the team! Did anyone say Board Member? Remember you do have experience! LOL I did it all for 8 Years!!