Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Sunday, April 11, 2010

    04.10.2010 The Pantry

    Ok so let me start with ...sadly NO.. it is not finished. (like most things around here) but it is workable. My swinging saloon doors were delivered on Tuesday so hopefully there will be doors up before summer. I'm going to attempt to refrain from any comments about "The King of 75%" at this point, because i am so very thankful at least this much got done.

    We first unloaded the junk that has been piled in there for the last 3 months. I've had all my food and stuff on 2 rolling racks - and it was a challenge to find ANYTHING. See exhibit "A' below.



    Are you feeling my pain? There were two of these, the animals food containers, the garbage can, and all kinds of "stuff" jammed in there.



    I didn't get the true "before" picture bcuz i was busy w/ laundry downstairs but at this point they put down the baseboard and the first row of cleats for the shelving.

    Oh but the "after" picture is fabulous! I still have a bit to go but it was 11pm and i was exhausted and my organizing brain would no longer function so the top right and shelf below that didnt get done. Ready?????..................



    I could only get 1/2 of it in bcuz of the shape, there is quite a bit more not in the picture on the left and right. Ahhh! That big area on the left you cant see-well that is not done. It will have a large area with a countertop where i can put my Kitchenaid mixer, toaster, etc. We also have to finish the shelves for all my cookbooks. But as honey told me "thats gonna have to wait".

    They have 3 more closets to finish and some last minute stuff downstairs so the drywaller can finish the taping on Monday. If all goes well he should have all the texture done by the end of the week and we can paint next weekend. Then order carpet and the doors and Voila! done. Then just the "little things" like light fixtures and baseboard and stuff.

    Then maybe someday if the stars align we can finish our master bathroom. Ah, but one day at a time....I HAVE A PANTRY!!!! YIPPEE!!!!

    No comments: