Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Saturday, October 17, 2009

    10.19.2009 Where to Begin?

    The Outside it painted! Yippe!













    The garage roof is on! Yippe!














    The pad/apron is dug out and the yard is leveled! Yippe!










    The construction site is cleaned! Yippe!

    And the Trim is started!




    Whew! It was a busy weekend. I would fill up a whole blog page with photos! The exterior paint got finished Saturday. One last minute drive an hour away to Home Depot to get 5 more gallons of paint...but it still happened. There was a LOT to do with our 2 day window of good weather. D even talked me into trying out our future trim color (for when we get new siding next summer) on the house. I was not really into it and was fine to leave the window trim the same color as the house. But I tried it...and guess what? I liked it! So I got all the lower level windows/front door trim painted and the plastic removed. I need scaffolding and a huge ladder to do the rest and it got too cold for the paint to dry. It was about 7pm and I knew the rest would have to wait for another break in the weather. Here's some photos. I have like 25 but i'll just post a few.

    It is supposed to rain Monday and Tuesday (and it is) so there will be electrical work on the inside and the final grading done before the tractor has to be returned at noon on Monday. The shower plumbing fixtures will be put in today and we should be able to lay the tile in the small bathroom on Tuesday. If the weather stays as promised Wednesday I'll be out there trimming the last 5 high windows and we will be done with the outside. We will have rock/gravel brought in for the driveway and the concrete apron for the garage (driveway) this week. It's MOVING ALONG now folks...hope to be in there soon.

    1 comment:

    The Prescott's said...

    WOW It looks great! You guys got alot of work done!!!! I know it feels good. Hopefully this next weekend you will get the inside painted and some flooring done!? Gotta love a early winter, they are talking el nino again:(