Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Tuesday, October 13, 2009

    10.13.2009 We've got "The Sickies"

     
    As adorable as this might look, he's just plain ol' miserable! First thing to note: school closed at noon last Wednesday due to an overabundant amount of sick children. The 6/7/8th grade class had only ONE (1) kid on Monday. Needless to say it has hit hard. Strep, colds, flu, and 2 possible cases of Swine Flu. It is in our valley with many confirmed cases. My kids of course, were fine. Sis has a few sniffles and a cough here or there, but NADA. Just 2 1/2 extra days off to make moms everywhere scramble for a back-up plan.

    Well guess what? On Saturday (of all days) sis is coughing more and more. By Saturday night her & playmate Colton (Thank you April for watching them those 2 days they were off school!) both had fevers. I was none the wiser at home furiously packing (playroom is 1/2 packed yippee) with Jen and her pal. We moved the crap in the garage so my car can park inside (and out of the cold). I did umpteen loads of laundry, cleaned my kitchen and just got "stuff" done! I then ran some boxes up to the new house - and arrived at April's to witness 2 children who had been sacked out on the couch since like 7:30. Never happens people. Especially not my Bubs.

    Well Sunday they wake up both with Fevers. Seriously? 4 1/2 days off school, they go back tomorrow, and NOW they get sick?!!! Ughh.

    Last night was the worst. Bubba had a really high fever and was lethargic. No other "flu" symptoms (so far) just runny nose and fever. Sis was coughing her head off. I am NOT about to give her cough meds though. It was what pediatricians like to call a "productive cough" if you know what i mean. So as long as she is coughing that crud out - i hafta let her cough it out! So after a 4am bath for my little man - in which mommy had to sit next to that bath and eat my imaginary Birthday Cake and Pasta his imagination was serving up ...i got him back to bed and crashed myself.

    Now it's Tuesday, we are home again. My poor little man has had Tylenol and Motrin like crazy and the fever isn't breaking. He wanted to wear jeans (to be warm) and has 2 shirts on. Long Sleeve. Poor baby. But he is catching up on all his Backyardigans on DVD so is otherwise happy curled up on momma's bed. I even get a snuggle here or there..so all in all sick days aren't so bad. Just leave out the puking...i can definately do without that!
    Posted by Picasa

    No comments: