Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Thursday, May 1, 2008

    05.01.2008 Vegetarian Transition

    Ok, so i have really HAD IT with the way WE (and most Americans for that matter)eat! We are making ourselves FAT and SICK. Well i am sick and tired of being sick and tired. My family that is. I had read so much lately on the effects of eating so much Meat, Dairy, Eggs etc. that i've said enough is enough. I know it will be hard, and not happen overnight. But we have been slowly phasing out the bad, and phasing in the good. It's not too hard when you set your mind to it. We are a LONG way from being there, but just healthier choices help. More fruit less snack foods. More veggies, less meat. Yes, yes, naysayers...you can get just as much (if not MORE) protein and calcium from green veggies than you can from Meat and Dairy, it's PROVEN! Anyway, i read The China Study - Google Search and it has changed my life!

    1 comment:

    Kelly said...

    Wow! Are they ready for this? I think it's great! We are eating much healthier around here too!