Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Tuesday, February 8, 2011

    02.08.2011 Love Language

    I don't know if i have mentioned this before, or maybe a gazillion times but my "Love Language" is Service. If you have not read this book - you MUST! They have a book for learning your child's Love Language (which is the 1st one i read), One for Singles, Married Couples, etc. It really helps to know what you need to keep your "love tank" FULL. If you haven't read the book you are going..."Huh?!" Well basically it is this in a nut shell. We all feel love in different ways. Some ways people feel Love are:

    1.) Words of Affirmation
    2.) Acts of Service (having things done for you thoughtfully)
    3.) Physical Touch(you want to be hugged, hold hands, etc.)
    4.) Quality Time
    5.) Receiving Gifts

    None of these are wrong...it just is what makes us different. I could easily be a Quality Time girl or even Words of Affirmation takes a strong 3rd. If you know which one you are...it helps others to communicate love best in the way you need it.

    For example, in our remodel/build of our house many things are still left undone. It is both a depression trigger for me and makes me feel unloved. Why? Because i want my husband to DO something to show me he actually cares about me.

    So guess what?

    This weekend after we cleaned up the garage a bit he was able to get to his saw and put down some long awaited moulding and get my basement cabinets in place. It was maybe a half hour to hour job max and was all i needed to get my "love tank" from Empty to FULL! I was gleaming and practically skipping. What might be "no big deal" to someone else is huge to me. I have a faucet my son bought me for Christmas to replace the broken & leaking one i deal with daily in my kitchen.

    You know what?

    I would rather have that installed than a diamond necklace for Valentines Day!! That is just who i am.

    So click below, find out who you are...it might surprise you! It will also make a fun experience if your husband does it as well. It opens up dialogue and communication about our wants and needs. If you aren't married it can make you a better friend (or sister)just to know who you are! So take the fun mini quiz i found so you will know. Then leave me a comment with your type.

    I promise you wont be disappointed! Or by all means READ THE BOOK! It's really awesome!

    No comments: