Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Monday, November 30, 2009

    11.30.2009 One BUSY Slacker!

    Has it really been 2 weeks since my last post?! Oh MY. Well if you follow my right sidebar, at least i have been Tweeting(?) Twittering (?) - whatever - you can follow my tweets there.

    It's been crazy, and the house is looking not much further along in these past weeks sadly. Though MUCH has been accomplished -it's not always visible. Let's run down what is and isn't visable

    -insulation sprayed in basement exterior walls, theater room, breezeway, garage
    -Garage Door was put up
    -Garage sheetrock hung
    -drop down sofit built around heating so we can hang ceilings in basement
    -2 upstairs rooms painted

    And here is more that gone done these past 4 days that we took off work during the Holiday and got busy
    -Recepticles and Switches in upstairs Guest room - yippee we have POWER!
    -Kitchen painted accent color (RED) on 2 walls - it took 4 COATS ! UGH!
    -2 closets and interior of pantry painted
    -All speakers (12 zones) cabled and boxes put in
    -TV Coax ran from Satelitte location to termination spot
    -Soffit finished
    -Garage Sheetrock taped/textured
    -Guest room reconfigured/rebuilt to make it bigger w/ walk in closet
    and lastly - as of about 4pm today (Monday) the entire upstairs (Living/Dining/Kitchen/Halls) should be painted. I decided not to paint the ceilings white. If i see it and don't like it i have the option to change my mind... but i am pretty sure i will be fine. I picked a warm brown called Persian Fable. It will be everywhere including the kids bathroom (in a different sheen). I'm even having that color in my Master. I picked "Peace of Mind" for the guest bedroom - again a bold yet warm color so i am excited. The red in the kitchen is also warm, and dark - though Erick & I were scared after the 1st coat bcuz it literally looked like blood. Many a joke was cracked (all day long actually) about the color - but when all was said and done (4 coats later) it darkened up to what i was hoping for. I think it will be awesome!

    Tonite we are heading up to check on the painting and put the kitchen cabinets back in! Then I can put the old crappy countertops in (for now) and have a functioning kitchen! I'm gonna try to get him to install the microwave tonite too *wink*.

    What didn't get done was the bathroom. The plastic blue outhouse/porta potty is still a permanent fixture on my front driveway. Mainly bcuz our septic is not functioning so even if we did get the bathroom flooring/toilet/sink in - nothing is draining. ICK! Over a year with no use and it's....well SOLID. We are on a septic system, it needs water flowing to it so it can do its job. No water flow, no go. Kinda like a human body eh? I'll stop now, i know i'm making Lynnette queezy with TMI (sorry sis).

    Lastly, i took a 10 minute video tour yesterday for ya'll to see - but literally it has taken 4hrs so far to get it uploaded on One True Media. Maybe by when i get in the office tomorrow it will be done.hehehehe I'll post pics and more tonite - ttfn.

    No comments: