Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Wednesday, November 11, 2009

    11.11.2009 HAPPY VETERANS DAY

    First off, i think we should take a minute to offer thanks to someone we know who served in the armed forces, or remember someone who lost their life fighting for our country. Go ahead, i'll wait.

    Ok, so now for the news here. We awoke to light snow this morning. Yay?
    Neigh!
    There was however siding going on out the homestead yesterday, and i got some photos. See here



    As of this time, not much was accomplished today due to weather (?) and/or novices without a clue - i dunno where to place the blame. So i will ask the good Lord for the ability to cover my mouth at this point so i will only speak loving words.

    Moving on.

    In loving and happy news, my drywall guy did in fact show up today and prime my bathroom, hall, and bedrooms. This means i can get busy on the painting. He is going to do the ceilings on Thursday - so Thursday afternoon/night i am good to get busy!!! We could have a finished room and small bathroom by this weekend. Yippe. Stay tuned.

    In other little known facts about me...i am a Twilight FANatic. (incase you didn't see my countdown at the bottom of this blog) The funny thing is, i actually didn't see the original Twilight movie until it came out on DVD. I just didn't know what all the hype was about. It wasn't until after i saw the movie that i borrowed / bought all the rest of the books in the series. I became HOOKED! Way to jump on the bandwagon AFTER the craze eh?! Even funnier still, i never read the first book, having seen the movie, until recently. The book was ohhhh so much better than the movie and i L.O.V.E. the movie so it's probably a good thing i didn't read it first. For those not in on the craze, the 2nd book in the series NEW MOON (turned movie) is out on Thursday 11/18/09 (Midnight showings everywhere) Guess where i was a 6:00pm? Hmmm, that would be ME standing in line to get my presale ticket. These are the kinds of circumstances where i am oh so happy to live in a SMALL TOWN. Only like 20 people ahead of me. Still my (numbered) ticket has me 99th in line on the night of the movie. At least i am not 200 or 250 and sitting in the FRONT ROW getting a neck ache! I am stokked. So next Thursday night i not only get to watch my favorite TV show (Greys) then i get to go to the movies for NEW MOON. It's a great night!

    1 comment:

    Cerina J. said...

    Hey Missie! My mom and sister are HUGE fanatics too!! So this is Ceri from Havoc in Hawaii...thanks for signing our guestbook! We love you and are working on something special for you! Stay tuned!