Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Tuesday, October 21, 2008

    10.20.2008 Monday YEAH!

    Well it was a good Monday. I am feeling a bit better, the kids well for the most part also.

    Danielle won 2 prizes for the Jog-a-Thon event. A prize for having 6 donors and another for collecting over $100 dollars!

    Our trust Drywall guy showed up as promised and hand textured the Main bathroom. It looks awesome. It needs to be primed then painted and we should be good for setting the stuff in place to make it functional after a couple of busy nights work.

    Our former dear employee (Seana) who left for vacation in California last month came back MARRIED! We are so excited for her, her new husband Josh and their blended family which includes 3 children (Isiah, Israel and Miah). They came to visit and are excited to get back to California and start their new life. We wish them the best and know they are truly blessed!

    Financially i wish we could do something for them, but i can't even buy groceries right now. I hope in the next couple of days some checks come in, or my guests will be eating potatoes and whatever comes out of a box in my pantry! The Lord will provide, i know. It's just a scary time...and with the economy - makes me think I should pull my daughter out of private school but the other side of me knows she/we all need that loving, nurturing, Christian environment. And i am sure we will be blessed for making the sacrifice. It's been over a year since things were this bad financially, it's hard to go back to this place - especially at this time of the year. Well, this was a Happy post, so i am going to end it on a Happy Note!

    Lastly, i finished the book that was recommended by all the Christian Marriage counselors - The 5 Love Languages. What an AWESOME book! (i'm reading the 5 love languages of Children also and have all the kiddo's figured out...but that's for another post!) Anyway, we had Seana & Josh take the "test" in the back of the book and read "if your spouse's love language is"....so it could help them in the many years ahead. And my goal was reached bcuz i in turn was able to have DeRell take the test (with me prodding "since they did it...it will be fun honey, really!") And i had already last week ranked the 5 I thought DeRell would say in the order i thought. I got his #1 right!!! Yay!!! but the rest were off, which is good for me to know. I also made him read the part about my Love Language ("Acts of Service") so he would know what to do to make ME feel loved. It was an eye opening experience especially because at the beginning i ranked what i thought my 5 were, and by the end of the book and the test i was wrong about myself! LOL Anyway, i am hoping applying some of the knowledge from the book will help us out and reconnect us in the love that we had during the Honeymoon/"In Love" period! So stay tuned!

    No comments: