Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Thursday, February 7, 2008

    02/07/08 Snow, Snow, Snow

    I constantly beg for it, so it should be no surprise that EVENTUALLY we would get some. In 2 hours we got at least 2 inches! That is really good accumulation for this area! I got the call at 11am that Danielle's school would be closing - as they were worried that by 3:20 parents wouldn't be able to get the kids. I sent DeRell with my Suburban this morning (it's our family's only 4wd) to take her to school and handle his appts. So she is stranded until he can pick her up and so are we. It's fun. I took some video - though it may be hard to tell just how much it's coming down. The snow is blowing sideways. I shot it right out my front door / porch and then also got a shot off the back balcony of the field and stream. If you click on the picture it will play the video (i HOPE, this is my first try and i kept getting errors!)The best part is Danielle also gets a "snow day" tomorrow as the school has already decided in advance that we'll have too much snow and with lots of kids being sick (1/2 the school has been out) they are gonna do a wipe down tomorrow-Lysol everything! I just love living in a small town / kids going to a private school where they can just make up whatever they want and there is no school! I wish i had that growing up...but no...just lots of sunshine!
    View this montage created at One True Media
    My Montage 2/7/08

    On a seperate note Bubba and I were having a fun mommy/son bonding day. I made my omelet and he ate half of it and then that is what he "ordered" for lunch today. I let him (due to the amt of whinning and pleading) use his safety cutter knife and cut the bell peppers and onions. Yes the boy loves orange bell peppers and purple/red onion! That is what he wanted in his (just like mine)so he chopped it all up and I made it. Got some video of that too-cuz he's so darn cute when he is determined. A mini chef after my own heart <3

    3 comments:

    Kelly said...

    Too cute! That Bubba... a little strong willed, huh? He did a great job!

    LOVE the snow video (good job of posting it btw). It looks beautiful! Your dogs are crazy to be out in it though!

    We miss you!

    Anonymous said...

    Bubba is just the big boy! Wow -- after the tile incident, I am surprised he wanted to touch a knife -- but boys will be boys! I would have freaked out watching him cut.

    Holy Snow!! Wish we had snow days here or "it's too nice" days. I am sure you have your heater cranked!!

    Let Danielle know that we are mailing her B-Day gift soon -- she'll get it BEFORE her birthday.

    Kelly said...

    What's new???? Do tell!