Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Wednesday, March 9, 2011

    03.09.2011 Model Glamorous ?

    ***UPDATED**

    Well, the verdict is in.

    After much suffering for the past 7 days...and getting WORSE instead of better i finally drug myself down to the Urgent Care yesterday* (at first i said on Monday but just realized today is Wednesday!*) A moms gotta do what a moms gotta do!

    It's Walking Pneumonia folks!

    I couldn't believe it. FOUR (...yes FOUR!) Prescriptions later i was out the door. Then to the Parmacy, the grocery store (a girl needs her chicken soup - not to mention some easy to make meals while i attempt to rest!) Then to Wrestling practice, violin lessons, and baseball & softball sign-ups. You know - the typical day in the life of a mom. Or at least this mom since hubby is out of town, those things fall to me regardless of my ailment of the moment. LOL

    So i have an Inhaler, An antibiotic, a Steroid, and some cough medicine to help me sleep. (which by the way was NOT working fast enough last night when my body wanted to crash at 9:30 but my coughing would not allow) I did in fact end up taking TWO doses of the very strong stuff *insert GASP here* so i could Sleep. My cough is "productive" enough during the day thank.you.very.much. - I need some REST.

    Many days the sleep has evaded me.

    I am not one for 2am informercials so i was desperate once again to not have to go down that road! Did you know that all those Late night shows (Letterman, Jay Leno, Ferguson, etc) seem to ALL have the same guests on a rotation?! First they go to one show (say they are promoting their new movie) then the next night they are on another show. Trust me...i know from experience these past many days! Oh, and p.s. Lynnette & Kelly they play the old school Grey's Anatomy (think Lizzie and George way back episodes) between 11pm and 1am which is very cool.

    So anyway, i had to put one of those big triangular back thingies and all my pillows to prop me up so i could sleep sitting up. By about 11pm it must have kicked in finally, and i was able to remove them and go to sleep finally.

    I'm gonna go hit my morning meds then try to get some REAL rest while the kids are at school. I have an appt. with Bubba's Oral surgeon in Missoula today so it will only be for an hour or two, but it's Dr.'s orders. Thats 9 pills this morning and some puffs on the inhaler. JOY

    Oh, and i DO NOT, for the record, look anything near the Model Glamorous photo (above) i found to portray "Sick mom" this morning. LOL but got a kick out of it.

    **Oh and one last tidbit. I've never had an inhaler before and after last nights attempts (i do believe most of it just ended up on my tongue) i thought i was destined to fail. This morning i remembered that Bubba had this magical device for his inhalers when he was little. So I pulled it out of the cupboard and gave it a try a minute ago. SUCCESS! LOL. I had to use a teddy bear themed "Aero Chamber" to squirt the medicine in then inhale! At least its not all on my tongue!

    1 comment:

    Teresa said...

    Pei pa koa is pretty decent cough medicine (from herbal as I remembered), great non alcoholic medicine, some western cough medicine are more effective, but this is non drowsy.

    You can access info online @
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
    ninjiom.50webs.com