Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Thursday, February 4, 2010

    02.03.2010 Snip Snip now he's an "IT"

    Do you wanna know the really cool thing about living in Montana?

    Vet's come to your HOUSE.

    You see, my dogs they don't so much like the vet. Go for a ride, pull up to the building...and well i would have to drag them from the car. Max - the golden Retriever who would not hurt a fly - and who regularly let the chilren ride him as a horse - would actually snarl and snap and show his teeth (in a mean kind of pit bull way) at anyone wearing scrubs with cutesie puppies on them. Seriously!

    So a few years back we called a new vet, and guess what? She comes to your house! She doesn't wear scrubs or smell like antisceptic, she looks like a normal visitor. Tails wag, smiles abound. Happiness for my dogs.

    Wanna know the other cool thing? My male cat that is now old enough to be neutered got to have it done right in the comfort of our own home. On the kitchen table no less. (She would have to do it in office for the dogs or a female cat - but ol' Jack was lucky.)

    Jack's procedure was so simple it was done at home. I got to WATCH! (I did have to sit down after about 3 seconds when the room started to spin & i got dizzy of course but i gave it a shot) I got to take PICTURES. I got to hold him after he got his anesthesia waiting for him to fall asleep. Did you know they sleep with their eyes open during anesthesia? It's creepy! And his cute lil tongue was sticking out just a teensy bit. He was only like 95% under - and felt no pain.

    Wanna see? Ok now for my sis Lynnette who is squeemish & gets queesy like me...there is no blood or "stuff" to see in these photos. All were taken from strategic angles so i myself would not faint.





    And that was it. Dogs & cats all got their vaccinations and checkups also. Jack slept it off in sis room on a comfy rug w/ a blanket.

    Later we got to watch him stagger around like a drunken sailor and wonder what the heck happened! I am sure if he could talk he would be saying "Where's my nuggets?" "Man, who took my nuggets?!" But he got extra attention and love all night from all and was none the worse for wear the next morning.

    Snip, Snip....now he's an it !!!

    3 comments:

    Kelly said...

    Poor Jack! It had to be done.

    That's so nice the vet comes out to your house!

    Only in Montana can you have your cat spayed on your dining room table!

    Anonymous said...

    OMG! I have no words...what can one say after seeing that. I would have recommended syran wrap to cover the table...then maybe a 4th and 5th layer might be okay for me.

    Unknown said...

    Of course that post was from Lynnette