Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Monday, December 1, 2008

    12.01.2008 Trim a Tree

    Ok, so i did it. Egads. I actually have the forbidden Fake Tree in my house. For those who know and love my neurotic ways, you are probably thinking "say it aint so". Because i said i would NEVER have a fake tree. It's un-christmas, it doesn't smell good, and it's just plain ugly. Well it is! Budget being what it is there is no money for a tree. So i unpacked this lovely (NOT!) pre-lit baby from storage set it up, and put the presents underneath. Oops, forgot to decorate it. It sat for a few days so i could feel sorry for myself (poor me) and then i gave in and let the kids have fun decorating it.

    Here is the NAKED tree, it is prelit so the lights came with.

    They did the entire thing, tacky garland and all by themselves. It is beautiful. I have learned to never say NEVER and it brought them such joy and it has grown on me (...like a fungus...but whatever!) I still miss the pine smell...but at least my mom sent the annual real pine wreath for the front door so i can stand at the front door and sniff anytime.


    Danielle getting ornaments in all the hard to reach places!

    Bubba having fun too!

    No comments: