Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Tuesday, March 25, 2008

    03.06.2008 Erick is a New Man

     

     

     

     

    Erick has been going to Awana's (a Christian youth group) with his friend Steven for nearly a year. He enjoys it but has never really taken his faith (or lack thereof) too seriously. Well a few weeks ago we had a guest speaker at church who talked about creationism/intelligent design vs Darwin's theory, etc. It was a mind blower. Erick really enjoyed it, starting watching DVD's and attending Men's study as well as Awana...and even started to faithfully come to church each Sunday with me. Well on Wednesday March 5, as I was driving him home from Awana's he told me he was "ready" to become a Christian. I was like, "Oh good, we'll talk to the guys at church and do it on Sunday"...and he was like "No, what if I die on Friday? I don't want to wait that long" I knew he was serious, and we called my friend Nick & Wendy and said we would all get together the very next night. Erick prayed the sinners prayer and accepted the Lord into his heart right there in their living room. His good friend Steven and I were there and it was just a really cool night. He even promised not to complain and do the dishes...added bonus for mom! He is really changed in his heart, and you can truly tell the difference it has made in his life. Not to mention 3 days a week he is at some sort of church related study or event and loves it!(Did i mention i nearly had to drag him to church before -just once a month) Way to go Erick!
    Posted by Picasa

    1 comment:

    Kelly said...

    Wowzer! I had to scroll waaaaayyyyy down to find the first post. You do know you could like update twice a week and it wouldn't seem so daunting! =)

    Great job Erick! I'm glad you found something you enjoy. Keep me posted on the non-complaining. Ha!