Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Thursday, April 26, 2012

    04.26.2012 BASEBALL ! ! !

    (p.s random picture...we don't have our uniforms yet) It is officially here. Well technically it has been here, and been practiced for the past few weeks. Games start next weekend. My ringtone on my phone is officially changed to "Take me out to the Ballgame" in honor of this season in my life. Hard wooden bleachers, concession hot dogs & peanuts, dirt flying in your eyes, and the sound of the crack the bat makes when it comes into contact with the ball are a staple in my life. Oh how I love Rookie baseball. That is not to say that my son is a star. He misses the ball more times than he hits it. He often times can be seen kicking dirt, staring at his cleats, "adjusting" himself, wearing his mitt as a hat, or - heaven forbid - picking his nose instead of paying attention. He is still at the age of learning the fundamentals and not expected to catch every ball, hit every ball he is pitched, and spit sunflower seed shells with accuracy. That doesn't bother me in the least. I love that team spirit is alive and well. I love that what he lacks in inate ability he makes up for in "hustle". I love how cute he looks in those polyester pants and new cleats. I love that every season he is with a new bunch of "old friends" wearing a different hat and shirt. Last year he was a "Dodger", this year he is a "Mariner". Though he'll never be a "Brave" like mommy would prefer - I love it just the same. I especially LOVE how I was not asked to be chained again to the responsibility of Concession Mom and some poor other sucker has gotten that baton passed their way. Our team has been asked to man the concession booth a mere FOUR times this season. FOUR. Not FORTY like last season where I was there for Rookie, Minor and Majors games - weekdays, weekends. The never ending drama of coming home smelling like hot dogs and smoke....or where dinner time consisted of concession food and an abundant supply of Laffy Taffy. Whatever I did, right or wrong, apparently paid off. So I can officially enjoy all those things I love about baseball - with my bum planted firmly on those blue, hard, wooden bleachers. So I think I'll buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks and enjoy the ride! Afterall, Softball season is only a month away!! Oh, and to my sis that hates the new "updates" in Blogger - I wholeheartedly agree. Where the heck did my separations in paragraphs go? It just runs it all together. The preview button sucks, and well... i guess i shouldnt complain.

    1 comment:

    Kelly said...

    Yah for baseball season! He loves it!

    I agree with ya on the blogger crap. You have to double enter to make a space. I found if you click on the photo it gives you options for right/center/left align, and size. Still NOT loving the new upgrade! I like it the old fashion way! =)