Sponsor a Child Through Compassion

Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Design By:

    Praying for Gavin

    Pray for Jedidiah

    Praying for Joanne

    http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

    Bring The Rain

    I'm A Sunday

    Followers of ours

    Wednesday, April 23, 2008

    03.30.2008 Toilet Drama


    No I am NOT a REDNECK. No, I do NOT believe ANYONE should be allowed to place toilets on decks, porches, patios. I do not believe they are planters, or items for decorative purposes. Apparently men dont share my view. I was forced to be mortified by having this lovely item placed on my back deck. The lovely contractor decided to place a LARGE BRIGHT BLUE TARP over it (as if that would detract from the fact there is a toilet under there..or somehow enhance it's beauty?!!! Well HA! Guess what, after a cold snap, and some snow it CRACKED! Lovely!

    I was forced to make the 1 hr. drive to Missoula to get a new one. I just happened to get the one i had jokingly told my husband on a previous trip was perfect for our household! The Jacuzzi Flush toilet. I figured it could suck an elephant into next week thereby solving our need constantly for a plunger as a bathroom accessory. Ta Dah! The Jacuzzi Flush 5000. ( not the real name, but sounds cool eh?

    Here is DeRell putting the finishing touches on the shower doors (reinstalling them) as you can see the tub is in. Looks ready to go right (except the green paint...painting was my job and thus not done yet).

    Here is the installed toilet. Installed meaning ready for use. A task completed. Can you say Hallelujah?!!!
    Now i shall briefly document the bathroom drama and we shall not speak of it again k?
    After the 5 day project turned into 5 weeks (plus!) what seemed at the time like a completed room got the test drive done. I took a shower in my WONDERFUL new shower complete with lovely rain shower head and bench. It was HEAVEN. Then the children wanted to take a bath in the "Big Bathtub" as we affectionatley call it, and a good time was had by all. Mom decided to go downstairs for something...can't remember what...let out a brief scream and ran to let DeRell know that there was at least 1" of standing water! (Luckily on the bright Blue tarp that had been relocated from the upper deck to below the bathroom-in basement-to collect any mess in the construction /tub setting /hookup process) Praise God almost all the water was on the tarp, as we drug it out of the house some spilled onto carpet and we used shampooer to suck up any that spilled. Long story short, apparently the 5 fixed leaks included one they had no idea about. The tubes in the jacuzzi tub that carry the water through and shoot it at lighting speed were somehow cracked and the seal broken and spewing water under the tub..thus onto my basement ceiling. The reason they weren't detected earlier is then that water would travel along the top of the insulation and drip down where there was a break in the insulation rolls. This is why there were apparent leaks where there was no way for there to be a leak THERE. No one could get it. Mystery solved. I now have a big hole where the tub was once was and a big jacuzzi tub in the garage. Sore subject. Shower works. Toilet works. Construction never ends. THE END.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I LOVE your toliet! It will work perfectly for the fam. Reminds me of your eariler post of your septic tank -- oh, the memories. Just don't put Bubba on it or he will never go potty on the potty his whole life.